Friday, September 21, 2007

My work-in-progress master bedroom makeover

Husband has forbidden me to put up any before shots of our messy bedroom. So you'll have to content with the after shot and a description of what it was before. Remember: VERY low budget.

We never had real bedside tables before, just odds and ends from other rooms/spaces. Before these finds, an orange Ikea Sonne cabinet and a rattan side table were our side tables. You'll remember me posting Bedroom Moodboard #2, which is what I went with (mirrored furniture is very expensive in Australia). So my bedroom is to be a collection of warm honey, turquoise, white and black.



This is what the bedroom looks like now:



We bought that mid-century chest of drawers about 3 months ago and am reasonably happy with it, although as you can see, the whole collection of furniture is decidedly a mish of styles... oh well. The original paintings above the bedsides are by talented artist Suzanne Clements who has an Etsy store.

It's not my choice, that pink mink blanket. We borrowed it from the in laws ONLY for winter. I'd love to hang a ceiling to floor sheer linen straw-coloured drape behind the bed. I need something for the far wall which is looking really lonely! Am eyeing a lovely kimono print on eBay. Will update if I do decide to go ahead with that...

Also might having something entirely different... not sure.

Any ideas? (We're renting so paint is out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homes Designs Related Posts