Monday, February 9, 2009

Bathroom lighting dilemma

Ian wrote us last week with a request for some ideas for this bathroom: "I'm trying to get my bathroom lighting sorted and I've decided against harsh overhead lighting with the plan of having the mirror lit either side instead which is a much more flattering light. However, I've looked everywhere and can find barely any ideas! I was thinking of a couple of Glo-balls coming out of the mirror, or recessed lighting, or a pair of Tolomeo lights coming out of the wall etc. Anything other than a horrid downlighter above my head! I wondered if you may be able to help me and post some much needed inspiration on your site?"

I went through my photos of bathrooms and selected some that hopefully give Ian some ideas. I personally think 2 glo-ball-like lights hanging on either side or wall-mounted Tolomeos would look fantastic. (I've got Tolomeos on either side of my range and I LUV them!). Examples of these and others are below.

Cossman_de BruynAmi Mckay
Dolly HowarthIFI
Location WorksKate Hume
House Beautifulmlk studio
Better Homes and GardensJeff Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homes Designs Related Posts