Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bird love... trend or not?

I dunno if you've noticed but birds have been of recent a popular trend in ceramics, china, motifs, stationery and clothing. I love love love birds so am I trendy? I would argue... since my deep seated love for the feathered kind started when I was 12. Imagining myself as a sparrow sitting on the window ledge flying away from some of the worst times in my life. Even then, I had prints of birds on my walls. (Still have one from that era lying somewhere in a box.) Then falling in love with Australian birds while living at the back of this old dragon landlady's place facing the bush (Australian wilderness). I lusted after owning my own yellow and white cockatoo after then, even to the annoyance of this landlady... feeding 30 cockatoos seed on her porch (they are regarded a pest by many for chewing on their wooden houses).

So anyway. This bird trend will go as it has come, from nowhere... and I will be left to love birds again :) I can add to my bird collection without being called "trendy"!

Holly from Holly's Plate recently blogged about Oiseaux * Elle by Café Secret. I WANT! You can choose your colours etc (I wish I understood French!).


(Not forgetting my Figments Design bird vase coming in the mail soon and the stone birds I bought in Niagara-on-the-Park, Niagara Falls, Canada.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homes Designs Related Posts